You can get a lower university degree (B.Sc.), a higher university degree (M.Sc) or a scientific doctoral degree at the School of Business.
B.Sc. Degree in Economics and Business Administration (180 ECTS)
Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration is a lower university degree.
Aalto University School of Business offers two bachelor's programmes. Bachelor's Programme in International Business at the Mikkeli Campus is offered in English. This programme is the only Bachelor's degree programme offered in English at Aalto University. The bachelor’s programme in Business at the Helsinki area campus is offered in Finnish only.
M.Sc. Degree in Economics and Business Administration (120 ECTS)
Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration is a higher university degree. It takes about two years to complete, if studying full time, and students must have a bachelor-level degree to complete a master’s degree. The degree is
a good basis for scientific doctoral degree programme.
Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration (120 ECTS):
- programme studies (84 ECTS)
- minor studies (24 ECTS)
- free elective studies (12 ECTS)
Goals of the M.Sc, degree programme:
The aim of the Master of Science degree in Economics and Business Administration is to provide students with
- deep overall knowledge of the area of the specialised master’s degree programme, and very good knowledge of the minor subject or corresponding study entities included in the degree;
- the knowledge and skills required in challenging managerial positions or positions demanding a high level of expertise, or as entrepreneur;
- the ability to independently produce and apply knowledge in the field of business administration and economics, and preparedness for demanding international postgraduate programmes;
- the ability to address ethics, sustainability, and international context; and
- excellent communication and team working skills.
The degrees are completed in spesific master's programmes.
Doctoral Degree Programme
The Doctoral Degree Programme is for those planning on a career in research or for those who are seeking demanding positions of expertise. The Degree Programme takes four years to complete.
Doctoral Degree in Business, Economics, and Finance (240 ECTS):
- common scientific doctoral studies, 30 ECTS
- major subject studies and research-related studies, 30 ECTS
- Doctoral Dissertation, 180 ECTS