Advertise on Aalto CareerWeb
Thousands of different adverts (jobs, internships, thesis assignments) are published annually by different employers. Aalto CareerWeb is only available for students at Aalto University, which is why it is highly appreciated by our students and an excellent channel to reach them. According to our latest student survey (2017), 86 % of Aalto University School of Business students use CareerWeb.
- Post an open position
- Post a thesis subject or a project
- Terms of publishing
- Guidelines for employers
- Advertising your open vacancies in Aalto CareerWeb is free of charge.
- Post a job or internship advert
- Offer an assignment for a thesis or a project
- Please read our terms of publishing and guidelines before writing your advert.
- See frequently asked questions.
Our policy is to only publish jobs that are suitable for Aalto students. Such a job might be for example:
- a summer job
- part-time / full-time
- fixed-term / permanent
- trainee program, internship
- freelance assignment
We publish adverts for paid internships / trainee programs / graduate programs if they support our students' vocational development. Read more about internships in the School of Business.
CareerWeb is the channel to advertise employers' thesis & project assignment proposals. Placing an advert is free of charge.
Terms of publishing and guidelines
- Career Services reserves the right to approve or reject adverts.
- Career Services does not assume any responsibility for the information in the ads.
- We do not publish anonymous adverts.
- In adverts concerning employee leasing the "employer" field needs to be filled out as "Company A / Company B", with company A being the company where the actual work is done and Company B the employer.
- We do not publish adverts for network marketing / multi-level marketing or volunteer work.
- We publish only ads that are suitable for Aalto University students.
- We do not publish non-paid jobs or interships nor adverts that require a registration fee from the students. However, unpaid internships taking place abroad can be published if it is stated already in the headline (unpaid / palkaton).
- We do not publish any adverts that require unemployment or are looking for candidates for "recruiting programs".
- We do not accept adverts that are against the Finnish law (for example Non-Discrimination Act)
Received a lot of applications? And too few applicants matched your needs? There weren't enough applications? Or did we reject your advert? Follow these guidelines and you'll get just the right amount of applications from just the right students.
General Guidelines for employers
- Career Services at Aalto handles and publishes adverts within two working days.
- Adverts' maximum period of validity is four months.
- Students do not have access to the adverts after the last day of applications stated in the ad.
- Only Aalto University students have access to Aalto CareerWeb.
- The adverts are in text form. Documents such as photos or PDFs cannot be attached.
- Copying straight from PDF or other document (MS Word etc.) might cause disappearance of information and the system does not fix e.g. hyphenation, links or false wrapping.
- You may target your advert to one or more Aalto University study fields. If Career Services notices that the advert is not suitable for the study field or suits study fields other than those you have chosen, we reserve the right to alter your choices.
- If you discover technical problems, please contact careerweb [at] aalto [dot] fi
Adverts field by field
You'll find guidelines for every field below. We update these instructions according to feedback and questions we receive. If you have anything you wish to give feedback about or to point out missing guidelines, please send an email to careerweb [at] aalto [dot] fi.
- A short heading. Preferably the title of the position, for example.
- If the title is very common like 'trainee', etc. it is good to clarify it with information such as the field of the duties, "Trainee (communications)" or the location of the work "Controller (Vaasa)". The heading will be displayed for students in the browse view, which lists all open positions.
- Should not contain the employer’s name.
- Should not be written in CAPS.
- Description of the responsibilities and required competence. The actual text of the advertisement.
- Itemize the knowledge, skills and competence required for the position.
- If you are offering a final thesis opportunity, you may describe the theme of the topic offered as well as wishes related to the competence of the student.
- The advertisement must not include illegal conditions.
- The more detailed the description of the work duties and terms of employment, the better the chance of attracting the right kinds of applicants.
Time and duration
- You may include your wishes for the start date of the job or the start/end dates of fixed-term jobs.
Form of employment
- Select the appropriate option for the nature of the work. Students can search advertisements based on your selection.
- For final thesis offers, you may choose "other", if the final thesis cooperation is something else than an employment relationship.
- You may indicate the salary to be paid or, for example, the salary system or collective agreement according to which the salary will be paid.
- This field is not mandatory in job adverts, but it may help students contemplating the decision whether or not to apply.
- This field must be filled in for internship adverts. We do not publish internship adverts without salary information (exception: internships abroad).
- The default is "Open/Other" for all ads.
- Select the approximate location of the job. You may provide a more detailed location in the description field and the employer's address field.
- The date when universities will publish or relay the job offer to the students.
- This can be set in the future but not in the past.
- The date when the advertisement is removed from the universities' job exchange portal.
- This application period may be a maximum of four (4) months for job ads and (6) months for internship offers.
- If you select "Open", the system will set the date to thirty (30) days from the date when the advertisement was submitted. This is a particularly good choice when the position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found.
- Advertisements can be edited by the employer for three (3) months after the final application date. Editing is done via an ad-specific edit link sent to your email when the ad is first submitted.
Additional information on the open position
- In the additional information field, you can provide more information about the employer or application instructions.
- Please provide any possible links to recruitment pages and such in the website field to ensure that they work.
Finnish language skills are not required for this position.
- If the working environment does not require Finnish language skills and the job suits our international students, you can mark your advert to help them find it.
Choose field(s) of study
- Select the fields of education for whose students you wish to target your advertisement.
- You must select at least one field.
- There are six fields to choose from in Aalto University. A list of schools and their departments is provided below with links to the schools’ web pages. More information on studying in Aalto University can be found at www.aalto.fi/en/studies/.
- The name of the employer, fomatted e.g. as "Company Oy" (and/or Ab).
- In the case of temporary work, please include both the temporary work agency and the organisation for which the work will be performed, for example "Temporary work agency/Company X".
- The name of a person who can provide applicants with additional information. This field can also be left blank.
Address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- Address of the workplace or the employer
- Telephone number from which additional information about the advertisement can be obtained.
- E-mail address from which additional information related to the advertisement may be obtained or to which applications should be sent.
Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- The employer's website or pages related to recruitment should be entered in the format "http://...."
- This can be a link to the employer's website or social media channels in general or a direct link to the recruitment system, for example.
- The name of the person submitting the advertisement. This will not visible to students.
- The name will be at the disposal of the universities' administrators for further inquiries.
- Provide the e-mail address where you wish to receive the ad-specific edit link through which you may edit or remove the advertisement in question.
- If there is a mistake in the e-mail address, the system cannot deliver the edit link. An e-mail address cannot be added to the system afterwards.
- By ticking the box, you give Aalto University Career Services permission to send notifications (news and information on the system) to the e-mail address you provided above.
Password for editing the advertisement
- Specify your own password for editing the advertisement. The password is ad-specific.
- The password must have at least eight characters and include both letters and numbers. Special characters are also accepted.
- Memorise the password or write it down – the system will not deliver it to you.
- If you have forgotten the password, you can reset it through the edit link delivered to your e-mail.
How long should the application period be?
An application period of a few days might be enough in some cases, but not usually. Anything from two weeks to a month is common. Our system sets the limit to four months.
I don't really know all the different schools at Aalto University or the fields of study, so how do I target my advert in a correct way?
The schools and departments are listed above. You'll find more useful information about Aalto University, its six schools, and much more at http://studies.aalto.fi/en. In case the selected target group does not match the content your advert, we will change it to a more suitable one.
Why don't you publish anonymous adverts?
We want to ensure that our students get a sufficient amount of information when applying for a job. We also want to prevent fake adverts / employers from using our system.
Do you accept temp and recruiting agencies' adverts?
Yes, we do. Please state very clearly that the job is staff renting and remember to include the client company's name.
We use the Aarresaari.net service, should we use Aalto CareerWeb too?
If you wish to target your advert only to Aalto students, you may do it in both systems – there is no difference. We publish both the Aarresaari adverts and adverts in our own system. Please only send your advert using either the Aarresaari.net service or Aalto CareerWeb, not both of them.