Life After Graduation Event
Aalto University School of Business Career Services is organizing the Life After Graduation event in March, 2018 for MSc students in their final two years of their studies.
The event aims at preparing our students for the transition to working life and providing them with tools for their career planning. The first half of the event consists of speeches about career planning and working life in general, followed by a panel disussion. The second half is the networking event where we invite employers, trade union representatives, and other participants related to careers and working life. The first half of the event will be held in English to better serve all of our students. During the networking session, you are welcome to interact using languages of your choosing.
Details for the next event in March, 2018 will be updated at the beginning of the autumn semester. Details for the previous event held in 2017 are available below.
The previous networking event was held in the lobby of the Nokia hall in the main building of School of Business (Runeberginkatu 14-16, Helsinki) on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 from 5 pm to 7 pm.
We offer you as an employer an opportunity to
- promote career possibilities in your organization,
- share your expertise in work life related matters and
- build your network within our students .
- This also a great opportunity to build your employer brand.
This page (attending employers, instructions, tips for employers) will be updated up until the event day. More information for students is published in Aalto CareerWeb event calendar (needs Aalto identification).
Event Area & Timetable
The event area is located in the lobby of the Nokia hall in the main building of School of Business (Runeberginkatu 14-16, Helsinki) on Tuesday March 28 from 5 pm to 7 pm. Before the networking part there will be a panel discussion which you are welcome to listen. It starts at 3.45. It is recommended that you arrive no later than 4.45 pm to have enough time to set up your roll-up and brochures etc.
It is recommended that you arrive using public transportation because our parking spaces are limited.There is a small parking lot right in front of the Chydenia building. Driving there is via Ilmarinkatu. The gate can be opened when you ring the bell on the gate.
Registration for Employers
Small participation fee will cover catering and other organizing costs. The fee is 250 € + VAT 24 %. Official partners of School of Business will not be charged this fee. Employers hiring also non-Finnish speakers will get a 30 % discount.
To registrate please send us email (career-biz [at] aalto [dot] fi) as soon as possible. Deadline for registrations is on Wednesday 22 March. Note: registration is binding. Please see the terms of cancellation.
In your email give us the following information:
- your marketing name (in both English and Finnish if possible) for the student marketing
- participating staff's names, contact information and position in your organization
- your marketing text to our students (recommended lenght 100-500 characters with spaces): why are you participating and who should students expect to be meeting at your stand. Something tangible to come and discuss with you. This can be open positions, future possibilities, etc. Remember to include a link to your recruiting pages.
- your logo in web form (png, gif, jpg)
- If you can hire also non-Finnish speaking people, we can publish also an English flag right next to your texts in CareerWeb. With this you get a 30 % discount on the participation fee.
- your invoicing address (organization's officila name, VAT number or Finnish business ID, address and your reference for invoice)
- food allergies
Please note that we have to restrict the number of participants. This is why there can be only two representatives / organization. When ever it is possible we hope that at least one of them would be our school's or university's alumni.
Terms of cancellation
- Participation can be cancelled without any costs no later than 7th of March 2017
- we charge 50 % of the total costs of your order if the cancellation is received later than 7th March but before 14th March 2017
- we charge 100 % of the total costs of your order if the cancellation is received later than 13th March 2017.
Services & Guidelines for Employers
- It is recommended to bring a roll-up (or equivalent, max width 100 cm) with you. You can also have some brochures and other materials with you.
- We provide one bar table for your use.
- The space for your stand is appr. 1,5 meter wide.
- There is a non-guarded (but behind a locked door) cloak room for your jackets and other extra stuff.
- The language of the event is English but in one-to-one conversations you can of course use the language of your choice.
- We provide coffee, tee and soft drinks and quiche (two alternatives) for students and employers
- We will publish your description texts for students (the ones you sent us when registrating) on our intranet. Changes to the text are possible, just send email to career-biz [at] aalto [dot] fi.
- We will send the invoices for participants within the next week after the event. If you wish to change the invoicing details you have sent us, please do so no later than on April 18th.
- The last day to sign up for the event is on the previous Friday.
- Most of the students will be graduating within the next two years.
- There will be both Finnish and foreign students.
- Foreign students might also be interested in your company’s offices abroad.
- Some of the students already have a thesis subject, but some might be asking if they could get a subject from you
- Be prepared to answer questions like:
- What kind of a career should one expect with you as a MSc. of Business?
- What would be the ideal timing for me to be in contact if looking for a placement?
- What is your recruitment process like?
- What can I still do as a student to make my employment easier? Is there anything you can recommend for me to study further?
- Should I be already graduated when joining your firm?
Enrolled employers for 2017 event:
- Academic Work
- Danske Bank
Please be in contact if you anything to ask.
Employer Service Manager
Aalto University School of Business Career Services
tel. +358 (0) 50 380 7398 or annemari.rautio [at] aalto [dot] fi or career-biz [at] aalto [dot] fi