School of Business – Leading the Way
We educate the influential leaders of tomorrow with over 100 years of experience. Aalto University School of Business is the leading business school in Finland and one of the top schools in Europe.
We build on our proud history as Helsinki School of Economics and on our recent achievements as part of Aalto University.
Profound learning experience
We provide our students with a profound learning experience in an international and multi-disciplinary environment. This helps them develop into valued experts, innovative entrepreneurs, and responsible business leaders for the future. We do this by:
- Supporting student learning through real-world challenges: Real cases, consultancy projects, and internships,
- Helping students develop global mindsets through international exchange, internships abroad, and multinational educational programmes,
- Offering students multi-disciplinary courses and programmes taught by inspiring faculty members in addition to cutting-edge education in business studies and economics.
Research with impact
We advance the global body of knowledge in business studies and economics through research with impact by:
- Recruiting excellent faculty members and visiting professors,
- Continuing to raise the level of research towards world-class,
- Engaging in high-quality multi-disciplinary research on critical societal issues.
Development of business and society
We contribute through long-term partnerships and societal engagement to the development of business and society by:
- Pursuing long-term collaboration with corporations and other organisations for relevance and impact,
- Appointing Professors of Practice and Executives in Residence with deep professional knowledge, experience and close ties to society,
- Contributing to the competitiveness and development of society through active sharing of expert knowledge in business studies and economics.
- Building a strong alumni community.
We hold the Triple Crown status
School of Business is the first business school in the Nordic countries to have received all three labels of excellence from the world’s leading business school accreditation bodies: AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. This Triple Crown status is an honor held by only few business schools worldwide.
The School of Business is an innovative and lively community of about 2,700* students and over 450 faculty and staff. Our campuses are in Helsinki and in Mikkeli, Finland. In Autumn 2015, our bachelor's degree students moved to the Otaniemi Campus of Aalto University.
At the School of Business, we offer studies on Bachelor's and Master's levels. We also educate doctoral students.
*) Full time equivalent